Function(s) – Designer
Reporting to – Design Manager
Contract type – Full time permanent
Remuneration – Competitive
Office – IFSE Head Office, Croydon, CR0 4XD
Are you looking to develop your career as a designer? Would you like to work for a progressive and ambitious company within the catering and restaurant sectors? Are you able to work successfully, proactively and independently with multiple projects and deadlines? If so, please read on.
IFSE Group create exciting, innovative and versatile food and beverage facilities for projects of all sizes and all market sectors. From a single piece of equipment to a full turn-key solution, we treat every project with exactly the same care and efficiency, creating great results for our customers, our partners and our team.
At the core of our business is our CAD design office, currently comprising of 6 operators. Company turnover is generated by our sales force team to produce high quality kitchen and restaurant design drawings and visualizations, followed up with accurate technical service drawings once an order is secured.
The Cad operator role is also required to liaise with customers, architects, designers, M&E companies as well as all other departments within IFSE (estimating; order processing; project management and admin) to provide an effective design and technical service.
Interior design work is sometimes required with preparation of proposals/mood boards for finishes and furniture for restaurant areas.
Occasional site visits to take site dimensions and gain experience will be required.
The Current Vacancy
The ideal candidate for the current vacancy will have good Revit skills and experience working within the Commercial Catering Industry. A candidate with BIM experience and a strong technical background would be highly favoured.
Interior design work is sometimes required with preparation of proposals/mood boards for finishes and furniture for restaurant areas. Occasional site visits to take site dimensions and gain experience will be required.
- Excellent high level AutoCad and good Revit skills.
- Experience in kitchen and restaurant design with an in-depth knowledge of catering layouts and equipment.
- Good design skills and design flair are essential.
- Good standard of technical awareness.
- Good knowledge of latest Windows operating systems.
- Good communication skills – the Cad Operator is an integral part of a friendly team and must be a good team player with a helpful attitude and have excellent spoken and written English.
- Capability to produce fully detailed M&E service drawings.
- Knowledge of general architecture building layouts.
- Revit 2016 and onwards
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Internet proficient for uploading and downloading drawings and documents.
- Adobe Photoshop CS5 or newer
- Autodesk 3DS Max
- CRM Systems
- Salary dependent on experience and level of skills.
- Private Health Care (after 20 weeks service)
- Company pension scheme with 4% company contribution.
- Life cover amounting to 4 x salary (after 20 weeks service).
- Paid annual leave: 25 days pro rata plus Public Holidays.
- Following the third year of service leave increases by one day per year, up to a maximum of 30 days annual leave.
- Bank holidays are paid in addition to the above annual leave.
- The company pays a discretionary annual bonus (paid in December) which is related to company profits for that year.
- There is on-site parking available and the IFSE offices are within a 5 minute walk of the Waddon Marsh tram stop.